Whilst we are not actively recruiting at the moment, we are always seeking expressions of interest from people who have a varied customer service background and have an interest in working in this industry.
Below are two examples of jobs that we do advertise when required.
Casual Funeral Directors Assistant
Seasons is a long established family owned and operated Funeral Home with an extremely high level of professional care provided to their families. We are currently seeking casual Funeral Director Assistants to join the Seasons professional team.
The position is varied and can encompass a number of duties including assisting Funeral Directors in collecting families, driving the hearse, liaising with families, supporting at services.
You will also demonstrate the following qualities:
- The ability to communicate effectively with exceptional customer relations skills
- A courteous and polite manner
- Be a team player with a diligent work attitude, confidentiality and tact
- Have a professional attitude and be immaculately presented
- Have a capacity to be at ease in supporting grieving families whilst respecting their values and beliefs
- Display calmness under pressure
- Good time management skills
- A willingness to assist others
A current driver’s licence with a good driving record is an ongoing job requirement
Standard office hours apply Monday to Friday however due to the nature of the role, flexibility is also required to be able to provide a premium service to our families.
There is also the opportunity of afterhours and weekend work which attracts an additional allowance.
No prior experience is required with ongoing training and development provided.
If you want to join a growing business with an excellent work ethos and culture, then we would like to hear from you!
Please apply now in writing to our HR Manager with your resume and covering letter to Caroline Robertson.
Funeral Event Coordinator
Diverse, rewarding, challenging, intense, satisfying, flexible, varied, making a difference!
Who would have thought a career as a Funeral Events Coordinator with Seasons Funeral Homes could be so exciting!
If you would like to take a whole new direction in your career path, and feel challenged by the above descriptions, why not apply for this very rewarding leadership role and find out what you are capable of.
You will be part of a proud innovative team dedicated to making a difference in the funeral profession. Seasons Funeral Homes are a recognised industry leader who like to bring in fresh new ideas and challenge the status of the traditional funeral.
Your role will be to work with our client families to understand their needs, develop solutions that meet their requirements and provide a service that exceeds expectations.
To qualify for the role you will need to be able to communicate effectively, be a team player with a diligent work attitude, competent computer skills with a willingness to learn new systems, good time management skills and immaculate presentation.
We will teach you the rest .
Whilst mostly standard office hours apply, flexibility is required to meet the operational needs of the business, including availability to work weekends on a rotational roster.
The position is casual to start with, but a full time professional career awaits the right person.
So if you feel this is a challenge you would like to accept, please apply in writing by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you on our team.
After Hours Transfer Officer
Seasons Funeral Homes are a recognised industry leader dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our families and the funeral profession. We have been established for over 25 years with branches based in Kelmscott, Canning Vale, Balcatta, Redcliffe, Mandurah, Kalamunda and Lake Joondalup.
We are currently seeking an After Hours Transfer Officer, which involves the collection and transfer of deceased persons into Seasons care. This is a casual position and therefore there is no guarantee as to the number of hours that would be offered. The ideal candidate will have the ability to be flexible in their approach to the hours worked. To be considered for this position you will require the following:-
- One to two years’ experience in a customer service facing role
- To be available between the hours of 4.30pm and 8.30am weekdays and 4.30pm on a Friday afternoon to 8.30am on the Monday morning to carry out transfers
- To live within a 20 minute radius of our Redcliffe branch
- Have a strong customer focus and service orientation
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your resume, including a covering letter to email@example.com outlining how you meet the selection criteria.
After Hours Phone Consultant
Seasons is a long-established WA operated Funeral Home with an extremely high level of professional care provided to their families. We are currently seeking a casual After Hours Phone Consultant to join the Seasons professional team. This role works on a week on, week off basis with the hours Monday to Friday being from 4.30pm to 8.30am the following morning.
This role also takes calls over the weekend with the hours being from 4.30pm on a Friday through to 8.30am on the Monday morning. All hours are worked from home.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To be the first point of contact for all client enquiries
- To fully gather all the information required in order to provide compassionate support and an efficient service
- To arrange meetings between our client families and our funeral consultants
- To follow up on all client enquiries
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Excellent customer service skills
- First rate communication skills and outstanding telephone manner
- Compassionate with exceptional active listening skills and the ability to go with the flow in a conversation whilst gathering the information required
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Capability to be understanding and empathetic
If you are interested in applying for this position and feel you meet the selection criteria, please send your resume include a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Permanent Funeral Director’s Assistant
Seasons is a long-established WA Funeral Home providing an extremely high level of professional care to our families. We are currently seeking two permanent part-time Funeral Director’s Assistants (FDAs) to join the Seasons team, with the potential for fulltime in the future. The working hours will be 22.8 per week (three days).
The Funeral Director’s Assistant position is responsible for providing a customer facing service to our families and requires a compassionate yet professional approach at all times. If you are a community minded person who lives by the values of over-service and familyness, have strong organisational skills, good attention to detail and are a team player, then this may be the job for you. No two days are the same and you need to be able to think on your feet to problem solve.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide a customer facing service to our families including setting up services, directing families, providing refreshments, and operating media and related equipment
- Setting up for graveside services including chairs, gazebo and lectern
- Washing, preparing and driving company vehicles with trailer, as and when required
- Working as a team to provide a first-class customer service that goes above and beyond to meet the needs of our families
Key Skills and Competencies
- Five (5) years’ experience in a customer service facing role
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be physically fit, healthy and strong to perform heavier manual work required
- First class driving skills with a clean manual Driving Licence
- Must be able to reverse a trailer
- Outstanding planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good technical and computer literacy skills
- An ability to work on your own initiative as well as a member of a team
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
This role may at times involve weekend work and flexibility is required to be able to provide a premium service to our families.
No prior experience is required as ongoing training and development will be provided.
If you want to join a business with an excellent work environment, ethos and culture, then we would like to hear from you! Please send your resume, including a covering letter to email@example.com outlining how you meet the selection criteria.
A career in the funeral industry is not necessarily an obvious choice. But we think that working to give families the best possible opportunity to tell their loved ones’ story and celebrate their life is an incredibly rewarding career.
From funeral directors to branch clerks to embalmers, the funeral industry provides a wide variety of roles. We look for people who can represent our values of Storytelling, Innovation, Familyness and Over-service.